If you are interested in learning more about Magdalene and Thistle Farms for media coverage, we would be happy to talk to you.
Please contact Marlei, Director of PR and Development, to set up a visit or to interview our women and/or founder Becca Stevens.
- In an effort to give our residents the privacy they need for their own healing and growth, most interviews will be set-up with graduates who are still active in our community.
- In most cases, photography and video requests can be honored, but will need approval a week in advance (for tight deadlines, we are happy to get you an answer within 24 hours).
- Once you are here, residents know they can choose whether or not to be photographed. Most residents are comfortable with it.
- Please know that even if you have your own blog, you will need approval to photograph. This is simply in the spirit of creating a safe community environment for all.
Media Visit Schedule Suggestions:
- The best days/times for media visits are the primary Thistle Farms hours: Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (CST).
- Although requests to visit a residence can sometimes be accommodated, Thistle Farms will provide the best environment for learning more about the program, meeting the residents and getting good visuals that communicate who we are.
- We begin our day at 9:00am with an A.A.-style meditation, and we would encourage you to join us for this part of the day. All are welcome to be a part of our circle.
Please download our media kit in advance of your visit. We are happy to provide other materials as needed. Please also visit our blog to learn more about our community.